- how we collect information belonging to visitors to our website as well as personal data belonging to Lenders, Borrowers, persons connected with Lenders and Borrowers (such as directors, partners, members, shareholders and beneficial owners) (“you” and “your”, as appropriate);
- how we store and protect your personal data;
- how and why we use your personal data; and
- your rights to control your personal data.
By accessing and using our platform and services, you confirm that:
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer on [email protected].
II. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
Personal data refers any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
III. COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
If you engage with us in any way, we may collect the following information about you in a number of ways:
- information you provide through our website and through our application and verification processes;
- information you provide through communications with us, whether in writing (including email) or on the telephone (including by way of recorded calls);
- information we obtain through your engagement with us on social media, including on blogs, forums and through Facebook and Twitter;
- information provided on your behalf by your representatives or agents (“Agents”) who engage with us on your behalf in the ways described above; and
- information from outside sources such as Mauritius Credit Information Bureau, commercial databases, marketing databases, public records and other publicly available information sources.
If you wish to become a Lender or a Borrower, you will need to provide us with the following information, which we may also collect from third parties:
- your personal details (including name, NIC or BRN number);
- your contact information (including telephone and e-mail details);
- financial information (including bank account details used to make transfers to fund project and receive money back );
- information you provide in our application processes;
- information you provide in your dealings with us and through your interaction with the platform;
- if you are a Borrower :
- information about your business or company, such as previous credit applications and the conduct of your accounts; and,
- credit reference checks; and,
- retain copies of our correspondence with you as well as other data we collect relating to your activities on the platform;
- collect details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregating statistics or reporting purposes; and
- retain comments made on blogs and discussion forums in connection with the platform.
IV. WHY ARE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We require these personal data:
- to open accounts with us and to manage and maintain those accounts;
- to verify your identity and the other information you have provided to us, including your bank account information and (if relevant) the identity of your business associates;
- (if you are a Borrower) to ascertain your borrowing needs and to assess your creditworthiness and to make credit-related decisions;
- to transfer money;
- to carry out mandatory or other regulatory checks;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to providing services;
- to keep internal record;
- to improve our services to the Borrowers and Lenders;
- to send emails about new projects and special offers to the Lenders;
- to contact borrowers and lenders for market research purposes;
- to customise the platform according to your interests;
- to respond to requests;
- to maintain client relationship; and,
- Any other purpose that would relate to our business.
V. AUTOMATED DECISIONS
FK may use various software and technologies to obtain automated decisions based on personal data held on you to promote accuracy, fairness and efficiency. These automated decisions may affect the services that FK provides to you now or in the future.
VI. WITH WHOM IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA BEING SHARED?
FK does not trade, rent or sell any personal data to any other organisation or third party. Your information is only provided to the relevant authorities unless you give your consent or if required by law, and to participating service partners (e.g. the bank) for processing the payments. We also engage the services of third-party contractors to assist us in the delivery of our services. We restrict the information that is passed on to the strict minimum.
VII. YOUR CONSENT
Your consent to provide us with your personal data is required prior to the lawful processing of your data in line with your engagement with FK (either as a borrower or lender).
Failure to provide consent by ticking the dialog box will bar you in furthering your application to be registered with FK.
VIII. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You have the right to withdraw consent to FK as regards to the processing of your personal data at any time. Should you wish to exercise this right, you will have to inform FK in writing.
If you withdraw your consent, FK will not be able to provide you with certain services and which may even entail the termination of the agreement with FK. You will be informed accordingly.
Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, your personal data may still be processed by FK in performance of its legal obligations.
IX. WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE IMPLEMENTED TO SAFEGUARD TRANSMISSION AND STORAGE OF DATA?
FK has put security measures in place to help prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information. When you provide us online with your information, the data is protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. This encryption is designed to help prevent any unauthorized person from intercepting or reading any personal information you provide to FK.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
XI. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
XII. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may, at any time:
- exercise your right to request access to the personal data we hold about you (a subject access request), subject to payment of a small fee. Please email [email protected] with the subject line “subject access request”;
- request that we update and correct any out-of-date or inaccurate personal data we hold about you. You can email us at [email protected] and also log-in to your account and make changes yourself;
- exercise your right to ask us to restrict or erase your personal data; and
- opt out of any marketing communications that FK may send you by unsubscribing following the link on the marketing email you have received.
XIII. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
FK will keep your personal data during your engagement with FK and even after the completion of the relationship for legal and regulatory purposes.
XIV. RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Commissioner through the Data Protection Office.